Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Apple Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over iOS 8 Storage Space

Apple Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over iOS 8 Storage Space By Karina Basso January 1, 2015 Apple class action lawsuit
I hate the silver Apple logo. - TGFP. On Dec. 30, an iOS 8 storage class action lawsuit was filed against Apple Inc. by two Florida residents who allege the company falsely advertised the amount of storage available on its iPhone, iPad, and iPod devices. Plaintiffs Parl Orshan and Christopher Endara of Miami have filed this iOS 8 storage class action lawsuit in federal court, claiming Apple “fail[ed] to disclose to consumers that as much as 23.1% of the advertised storage capacity of the Devices will be consumed by iOS 8 and unavailable for consumers when consumers purchase Devices that have iOS 8 installed.” Orshan and Endara also allege Apple does not nothing to correct the discrepancy between an Apple product’s advertised space available and the actual space available for consumer’s personal use. The previous Apple operating system, iOS 7, required 3.3 GB of space to download wirelessly and the operating system as a whole took up about 1 GB of storage. In comparison, the iOS8 takes about the same operating space, but needs 5.8 GB of available space to download, according to the Apple iOS 8 storage class action lawsuit. The Apple iOS 8 storage class action lawsuit further claims that instead of correcting the space discrepancy, the company pushes consumers to buy more iCloud space. “Reasonable consumers, such as Plaintiff, do not expect this marked discrepancy between the advertised level of capacity and the available capacity of the Devices, as the operating system and other storage space unavailable to consumers occupies an extraordinary percentage of their Devices’ limited storage capacity,” the class action lawsuit states. According to the Apple class action lawsuit, Orshan purchased two 16 GB iPhone 5s devices originally installed with iOS7 and two 16 GB iPads during the 2014 and 2012 years respectively. Orshan says he upgraded all four Apple products to the iOS 8 “with the belief that the upgrade would not substantially inhibit his available storage capacity.” He alleges that Apple failed to disclose to him or other consumers that iOS8 would devour his Apple devices’ additional storage capacity. Similarly, plaintiff Endara purchased a 16 GB iPhone 6 under the similar belief that the advertised space reflected the actual space available on the device, but he lost much of the available storage space when he upgraded to the iOS 8, according to the Apple storage class action lawsuit. Orshan and Endara have filed this Apple iOS 8 storage class action lawsuit on behalf of themselves and a Class all U.S. owners of iPod, iPad, and iPhone products with 16GB or less of storage space with iOS 8 either pre-installed or which was later upgraded the most recent system. The Apple class action lawsuit brings several claims against the company, including claims of violating California’s unfair competition law, California’s false advertising law, and California’s consumer remedies law. The plaintiffs are represented by Audet & Partners LLP, Cuneo Gilbert & Laduca LLP, and Baron & Herskowitz. The Apple iOS 8 Storage Class Action Lawsuit is Orshan, et al. v. Apple Inc., Case No. 5:14-cv-05659-NC, in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California. We tell you about cash you can claim EVERY WEEK! Sign up for our free newsletter. Email* State* Top Class Actions is a Proud Member of the American Bar Association american-bar-association LEGAL INFORMATION IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE Top Class Actions Legal Statement ©2008 – 2015 Top Class Actions® LLC Various Trademarks held by their respective owners Please note: Top Class Actions is not a settlement administrator or law firm. Top Class Actions is a legal news source that reports on class action lawsuits, class action settlements, drug injury lawsuits and product liability lawsuits. Top Class Actions does not process claims and we cannot advise you on the status of any class action settlement claim. You must contact the settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding your claim status, claim form or questions about when payments are expected to be mailed out. ATTORNEY ADVERTISING « Previous Post Next Post » 32 Comments ana reyna January 4, 2015 just bought iphone 6 plus, on 01/03/2015 I was trying to transfer my photos and contacts and it stated that I did not have enough storage and I was forced to buy additional storage and I still was not able to transfer over my photos and partial contacts only. Reply Melanie January 4, 2015 I barely have any apps on my phone and I can only hold a little over 500 pictures on my phone. I had an android phone prior to my iPhone and could hold over 1,000 pics plus at least 10 or more apps no problem. The storage on my iPhone is ridiculous. Reply JoAnne Sandoval January 6, 2015 How do we get in on the class action suit? We are having to pay for storage after my daughter changed to ios 8. Reply Jennifer S January 6, 2015 I was wondering the same thing. This is what I found under the “Contact Us” tab…If you would like to be updated about a specific lawsuit or class action settlement you see on Top Class Actions, make sure to “Favorite” it by creating a FREE account or logging in to your existing account. Account holders will receive alerts every time one of their “Favorite” articles is updated with new information such as appeals, claim filing instructions, and settlement payments getting sent out. Reply Gino January 6, 2015 Same problem with my new ipad air! Reply Debbie January 6, 2015 I Too Bought A New Apple Phone…I Get A Mess Daily Saying I DONT Have Enough Storage On My Phone…I DO NOT Have Anything On It, Just An update Through Apple…I have Grown Too HATE This Phone…I Just Bought It In NOV2014… Reply Tedra January 6, 2015 I have been experiencing this issue since I purchased my iPhone 6 in September! How do we get in on this lawsuit Reply Mercedes January 6, 2015 I had to delete 100% of my music off the IPhone 5S so I could download the new OS. This sucks and I want in on this one! Reply Terry January 6, 2015 I, too, do not have any storage space to install the IOS8. How do we get on the class action suit against Apple. I will never have another Apple product! Reply Murguia January 6, 2015 I have a iPhone 5 and every time I take it off the charger it tells me not enough storage space.. It’s just like them trying to make money off us the should provide the service that we pay for.. Reply Tami January 6, 2015 I also have a storage issue after upgrading. I only have 5 apps on my phone, no music and about 200 photos, yet I am always getting the storage is almost full alert, and at times am unable to take photos due to no storage space which forces me to delete photos. How do we go about getting in on this lawsuit? Reply Shannon January 6, 2015 I was receiving the same headache of not having enough storage and felt forced to purchase the extra amount that’s offered at a cost. I didn’t have much on my phone.. I’m so glad it isn’t just me. I am not a big fan of Apple Reply David January 6, 2015 How do we join this class action suite Reply Vicki Fry January 6, 2015 Following David’s question .I have 5 IPhones/IPads. Reply DEBRA January 6, 2015 How do we get involved with the class action suit against Apple. I had 2 Iphones where I had to purchase additional space? Thank you Reply Chervelle briggs January 6, 2015 I have a iPod and I pay for more storage every month and that’s crazy cause I don’t even down load that much and when there’s updates that need to be updated they tell me I need to buy more storage what’s the use in buying Apple products when you think you got enough storage and you don’t it sucks Reply Gary Blanchette January 6, 2015 I had 2 iPhone 5 16g phones and now have 2 iPhone 6+ 32 phones. Definitely interested in the details. Reply Gary Blanchette January 6, 2015 Had 2 iPhone 5 16g phones and now have 2 iPhone 6+ 32g phones, so would love details. Reply Jimmy January 6, 2015 Same problem here Reply Dawnelle January 6, 2015 I too have the same problem. I have the iPhone 5. I had to restore my phone to erase all my pictures and music , otherwise I fid not have enough storage after upgrading to iOS 8. I just backed it up to my computer first. Now I just won’t plug it in to my computer so it doesn’t load back on. This totAlly sucks and is ridiculous!!!!!! Want in on this lawsuit. Reply Teresa January 6, 2015 Please keep us posted how to become a part of this. I’ve had to purchase additional storage for my I-phone 5C and I never had this type of problem with my android phones. Reply deanna taylor January 6, 2015 i havean iphone 3, 4, and my daughter has a 5 in my name and my son has an ipad, please include me in settlement Reply Dwids January 7, 2015 Another way for a large corporation to nickel and dime a person to death. Apple is already ridiculous in it’s pricing! Reply Beth Martin January 7, 2015 I want in on this one too! The same thing happened to me. I had to delete a lot of my apps and data just to upgrade and now I have less storage than before. I thought that Apple just needed the space for installation and that I would be able to transfer my data back to my phone again. WRONG! Reply D Butler January 7, 2015 I just got the new iPhone 6 and when I try to record it tell me not enough storage. I have only taken 3 pictures on my phone so why do I not have enough storage. I am not happy Reply Nicole Thomas January 7, 2015 Please include me on lawsuit. Same issue with iPad. Reply Rachel January 7, 2015 I have a iPod touch and I downloaded the new ios cause u need it do get some of the games well it messed everything up I had to do a factory reset and cataloging my photos .the storage it took up was crazy . How do I file or get in on this as well Reply Carolyn January 13, 2015 How do I get in on the lawsuit? I’ve been getting error messages about not having enough storage for a few months now. Reply Carolyn January 13, 2015 How do I get in on the lawsuit? I’ve been having this problem for several months now. Reply PatC January 18, 2015 I had to purchase iCloud space in Nov 2014 ev mo aftr……Att is wealthy, why so greedy Reply Bob January 20, 2015 2 weeks now everyone’s been asking the same thing here. Why is no one responding? Reply Reynaldo Reyes January 22, 2015 I own an iPhone 5s 16g but it’s not really a 16 g. I don’t have enough storage. I have the same issue. Reply Leave a Reply Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Name * Email * Comment Human Verification: In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic. Your Answer Solve Media New PuzzleSwitch to audio puzzleMore Information...

1 comment:

  1. As business regulations and information security expand at an asymmetrical pace, corporate executives often end up facing privacy and security challenges they do not have the knowledge or experience to address. While encryption is the baseline technology that privacy experts agree is the cornerstone of security, encryption in the cloud can be daunting.
    virtual data room free

    ReplyDelete